As a member of an Albanese Labor government I will:
- Protect the future of open, public space at Davies Park with a $2 million commitment.
- Establish an urgent care clinic for the Southside.
- Provide $400,000 to help flood-proof Eastern Suburbs Tigers FC
- Provide funding to upgrade the Jack Esplen oval in use by local footballers and school students
- Upgrade the facilities at the clubhouse shared by the Bulimba cricket and hockey clubs at Morningside.
- Support FareShare and its volunteers by funding an upgrade to their packaging system
- Give people power a real voice in relation to aircraft noise by creating a new community forum that sits above the airport, not below it, overhaul the whole framework for aviation by committing to a new aviation whitepaper in government, and put a noise monitor on the hill at Balmoral or Hawthorne
- Upgrade the clinic facilities at the refugee and migrant healthcare clinic, social enterprise World Wellness Group
- Remove the dangerous traffic snarl at Coorparoo - one of Brisbane’s worst - by committing $100 million towards removing the level crossing.
- Upgrade the ¾ oval at Giffin Park, used by local footballers and school students.
- Put $575,000 towards upgrading the facilities at Whites Hill Reserve, in use by touch footy, cricket, and football players, among others.
- Fix the lack of disability access at the Basketball stadium at Clem Jones Centre by committing $750,000 towards upgrading the front entrance and installing a lift to the mezzanine, so that when Sporting Wheelies teams use the stadium their players can come through the front and go up to the mezzanine with dignity like any other players.
- Build New Legacy House, a hub for veterans and their families, and fix the asbestos hazard at the former Red Cross Hall in Greenslopes.
- Commit $100,000 to upgrade the studios at 4EB, the ethnic broadcaster based right here in Kangaroo Point
- Fund minor works at the Romero Centre, an organisation that assists refugees to settle here
- Build a community battery in Coorparoo to support more clean energy and rooftop solar.
- Upgrade the sheds at Dutton Park State School
- Deliver new outdoor shades at Camp Hill Infants and Primary School.
- Deliver $165,000 for water quality and restoration in Bulimba Creek Catchment.
- Provide funding for the wildlife corridor at Whites Hill State College.
- Deliver fee-free TAFE places and more university places
- Fix the massive backlog in veterans claims, and deliver stronger services for veterans, assisting veterans across the electorate and local RSLs that provide assistance with claims and veterans' welfare.
Whole electorate commitments
As a member of an Albanese Labor government I will deliver policies to:
- Make more than 10,000 families better off by making childcare cheaper, without leaving any family worse off.
- Stand up for real cost-of-living relief by lowering electricity prices, lowering childcare fees, and supporting wages growth
- Support the construction of more social and affordable housing via our housing affordability future fund
- Support Griffith residents and businesses to reduce emissions by rewiring the nation’s electricity grid, making EVs cheaper, and improving the charging network.
- Fix teacher shortages and help with kids’ wellbeing.
- Deliver a better deal for the more than 18,000 small businesses in our electorate, providing certainty to the small business community in times of crisis, ensuring they are paid on time, cutting transaction fees at the point of payment, and making government work for small business
- Fix the aged care crisis by requiring that every nursing home in Griffith have a nurse 24/7, requiring more care hours, and working with Maggie Beer to provide for better, more nutritious food for residents.
- Make medicines cheaper for people across our electorate, make it easier to see a GP, and stop the LNP’s cuts to Medicare.
- Continue to provide for democratic engagement through regular one-on-one appointment sessions, street stalls, virtual town halls and live sessions on social media
- Continue to support local not-for-profits as they pitch for community grants, and continue to be an active local MP who supports clubs, charities, schools and kindies with raffle prizes like Butler Bikes and Butler Bubbles.
- Support Griffith having a real voice in the parliament and in government through having a local MP who is also a cabinet minister.
- Give Griffith locals a government they can take pride in, by supporting the implementation, in full, of the Uluru Statement from the Heart.
- Help restore locals' trust in their federal government by establishing a National Anti-Corruption Commission with teeth.
- Fix the NBN.
- Deliver social and affordable housing via our Housing Affordability Future Fund.
- Close the gender pay gap, deliver 10 days' paid family and domestic violence leave, and take real action to stop sexual harassment at work by implementing all 55 recommendations of the [email protected] report and providing support for women who experience sexual harassment at work.
- Deliver on our secure Australian jobs plan, allowing for more job security and better pay for Griffith residents,
But I can't deliver on this local plan unless you vote 1 Labor.
You can also read Labor's national Plan for a Better Future here: